Case: transportation of oversized cargo
The project included several stages:
- Calculation of the cost of work at all stages of the project and their approval
- Coordination of the transportation route, selection of appropriate equipment for the transportation of cargo and the type of rolling stock
- Delivery of equipment by road to the railway terminal
- Loading equipment onto the platform
- Sending equipment to the customer for further delivery of cargo to the plant under construction
To complete all stages of the project, InterRail Service required the solution of non-standard tasks that arose already in the course of work. We faced the following factors complicating the project:
- agreeing on the date of cargo readiness for shipment
- coordination of equipment shipment dates
- agreeing on the technical specifications of the equipment before shipping it
- inconsistency of the established technical properties of the cargo for its transportation
- classification by the railway terminal of cargo falling under the category of dangerous
- verification of compliance with the design documentation and technical characteristics of the equipment involved in the project
To eliminate such factors, the InterRail Service project team promptly worked out non-standard solutions with their constant coordination between all project participants: road carrier, cargo terminal, sender, recipient and customer.
The time interval of the project took 3 months. As a result, the equipment was delivered to its destination on time. InterRail Service has confirmed its status as a reliable supplier in project logistics and oversized cargo transportation.